UC Riverside Eligibility Requirements & Selection Process
Each location may have specific participation requirements beyond the general program requirements. For location-specific requirements, please contact your Location Coordinator.
Eligibility requirements for UC Riverside candidates include the following:
- Minimum of one year of service at any UC location
- Designation as a non-probationary career status employee
- Current designation as a supervisor OR demonstrated management of projects/programs
- Administrative Officer III (or equivalent) or above or;
- Career Tracks Professional Level 3 or higher
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Current performance rating of "Successfully Meets Performance Expectations" or better
- No misconduct in 12 months prior to application deadline
- Completion of one of the following programs (or a comparable alternative):
- UC People Management Certificate
- Building Core Supervisory Competencies
A committee of program assessors and the Location Coordinator from UC Riverside will select four participants from the applicant pool based on an evaluation of the applicant’s:
- Career goals in management
- Level of skills essential for performing management functions
- Prior participation in managerial, professional, or career development programs
- Demonstrated career path in, or strong commitment to, management skill development
Application Deadline & Program Fee
Applications must be submitted online. The application link will be made available when we begin accepting applications for participation. The applicant and their supervisor must complete their respective application components for consideration. Applications submitted to the coordinator after the posted deadline will not be considered..
The program fee is $1900, which covers the cost of lodging, meals, and program materials.